19.5.09

Daydream Believer







To this day I still have childlike fantasies of living in the above bottle. I was obsessed with I Dream of Jeannie when I was small, mainly, I suspect, because she lived in a lamp. To borrow lissy's quote of the week, if "a nook is where the heart is", then my heart is in that velvety and bejewelled pink and purple paradise.
I was equally obsessed with her matching pink and purple harem pants /drapery combos (my favourite colours), her ability to blink herself into midget form and hide in small everyday objects, and then, when it all got too much, evaporate into a puff of pink smoke and hide in her lamp. That is the stuff dreams are made out of.
Images from here

2 comments:

  1. So funny, after 12 years of friendship there's still stuff I didn't know about you! I didn't know you had a childhood obsession with I Dream of Jeanie. It's like a marriage that never gets stale, haha

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i did, which explains my teenage / student love for saris and draping them over walls etc. the jeanie effect. hehe x

    ReplyDelete