13.5.09

Ch-ch-changes






Ha, I'm so fickle, so after being so passionate about wanting to do advertising (whilst actually, admittedly now, having doubts) I'm now super passionate about doing digital media/web! I had an interview this afternoon and I got accepted! karazy times, can't believe I'll be living back in the AK to-the L in a months-ish time! I am so excited! but also, pretty darn sad to be leaving Wellington and all the things I love about it, especially the wonderful amazing peeps. So I'm making a list of stuff I love about Auckland to remind me that this is an exciting move! not sad! no sad!

- More Japanese restaurants
- Lots of family
- Some international bands only play in AKL
- The salad bar at Raw Power
- Aotea markets
- Awesome asian supermarkets
- K-Rd opshopping
- The tacky-powdered-and-not-actually-"proper"-but-I-secretly-like-it-better chai from Muffin Break on Queen St
- Wendys! (haha stop listing food related stuff piggy)
- The little cheap asian clothing shops in that arcade bit (that have a lot of crap but sometimes quite cool stuff)
- Big Day Out
- More international flights
- Catching the ferry for daytrips to Devonport and Waiheke
- Shanghai Lils (and other bars that I don't know of yet cos it's been so long but hopefully love)
- The Museum
- More jobs, once my 40 weeks of being a ("mature""! aaargh) student are up
- Discovering new friends and new favourite places and just generally shiny newness

Yay, change is good. Right??

5 comments:

  1. omg god lissy, but i am kind of jealous. Think i may be ready for the move back too...maybe we can re-settle together...start up a blog....ak vs welly? on second thought nah,..but still- im really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeees come backkkk Luuuucy :p I'd say I'll be up there a while, like, forever, haha, so I'm sure you'll come back at some point :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course it's right! its right as rein my friend. signed envious little green monster in the corner x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad news, Lils is gone, but but but maybe you will like DOC & Cassette?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! that place was so adorable :(

    Oh well, Auckland is a big place! yeah Cassette seems to be where a lot of the good gigs are, ooh and I just looked up DOC, that looks cool too, we'll have to have a drink there some time! :)

    ReplyDelete