14.4.09

Old songs that rule.


It’s always nice to be reminded of good songs you thrashed in your youth but neglected in the years of indie and electro guff that followed.
Ever since before my birthday, my iPod selections have been dominated by all things old; from the really old such as The kinks, Jimi Hendrix and T-Rex, to the sounds that remind me of my teens / student years. Etc.
Since I love making lists, I have compiled my current top 5 “recent old” songs, and top 5 “old, old” songs FYI.

Recent old:
-Metronome Arthritis, At the Drive In.
-Today, Smashing Pumpkins
-Get Money, Notorious B.I.G + Lil Kim
-Black Hole Sun, Soundgarden
-Heart Shaped Box, Nirvana

Old Old:
-Children of the Revolution, T-Rex
-Spanish Castle Magic, Jimi Hendrix
-More than a feeling, Boston
-China Girl, Iggy Pop
-Love is the drug, Roxy Music

No comments:

Post a Comment