15.4.09

Love London


Before my return to Gisborne, where the pace of life is so slow I could almost slip into a coma, I was a frantic Londoner that had places to be, people to see and definitely no time for dawdling behind a jerk with a trolley case at Liverpool Street Station.
Everyone is in a hurry in London. People get angry if you’re standing still on the left side of the escalator, or don’t make a mad dash when the bus doors open. Leave for work – hurry. Finish work – hurry. Head for the pub – hurry.
A 10-day “Go Slow” festival is being held in London, encouraging people to take leisurely strolls across Waterloo Bridge, and basically, chill. Organisers are going to issue speeding tickets to pedestrians deemed to be in too much of a hurry.
I would love to see how those highly-strung speedy little Londoners would cope with a day on the East Coast, where traffic is about the speed of a funeral procession and people walk at snails pace. Coast time, I call it.
The moral of the story is I used to go fast and now I go slow, but I think I’d rather be going fast. I miss London terribly; the tubes, the night buses, the pubs, the gigs, the grayness even. Hence excessive picture post. Sorry, I’m feeling nostalgic.
Here are some of the good things I remember about London:


Making little French men dress up like this and act cool. Whilst listening to Joyride by Roxette.


Two for a fiver or five for a tenner at Columbia Road Flower markets.


London on a gloriously sunny day is a rarity and it rules.


Waking up to snow in my cute little Shoreditch neighbourhood


Stumbling upon random Banksy pieces whilst wandering through Primrose Hill

Going to hip parties with Lissy and Weenie and acting like utter twits.


Finding a random nerd in a Kebab shop at 3am and stealing his pink wig and making him have a photo with us.


Watching Interpol play at Astoria <3 one of the best gigs I’ve been to in my life.


Being so drunk at the Black Lips gig at Madame JoJo’s I didn’t realise that when I was taking photos of the singer, he actually had his penis out. Is this too explicit for a blog?


Dreary grey skies over my shitty council estate flat in Bethnal Green.

I miss London. The end

1 comment:

  1. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa why did you have to do this to me!? I'm hungover!

    I. MISS. LONDON. You were so smart getting a picture of your little council estate! brings back so many memories! :( I wish I'd got a picture of the outside of my apartment!

    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

    ReplyDelete