31.3.09

Ugly little Recession Boots




It really hit me that I am JOBLESS today, and soon will be living off 1/3 of what I'm used to living off (till I find a job)
I've been looking forward to my annual purchase of Yummy-and-Perfect-and-Expensive-Winter-Boots sooo much!


But I came to the conclusion that this much needed boot-fix is simply not feasible this year :( so, I swallowed my pride, went to Number One Shoe, and bought an ugly cheap pair :(


...okay they're not UGLY, actually I'll admit to kind of liking them, it's just that now they'll serve as constant reminder of what I CAN'T have, a sort of "na na nanana" in my face ever day. Sucky.

So, I then went out and bought myself my weekly bunch of fresh flowers (please see photo, aren't they beauuuuutiful?) thought this would cheer me up.

Before realising, this is probably one of those non essentials that I need to cull and this bunch will have to be my last for a while.

Oh it's all so sad!!!!!!


Am trying to look on the positive and hope to take up the following activities:

- Baking my own bread (unfortunately I don't have the little black boy in the picture to give me a hand so am going to have to master this one all on my own)
- Cultivating my very own herb and vege garden, yum
- Making my own chutneys (to have on my own home baked bread)
- Distilling my own wine???

Okay probably not.

But I AM just going to be more wholesome, homely and resourceful

I like a good challenge! :)

2 comments:

  1. Chutneys are pretty easy to make & satisfying cos they turn out well! Even I could do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm definitely going to get into them! and soup! no more salmon and camembert etc for me :( gutted! ahha if you have any particularly good recipes let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete