2.8.09

Tigers and Shit


At Big Day Out this year, one of the coolest parts of the day was when Arctic Monkeys lead singer Alex Turner announced they would play a song never been heard before.
“It’s about tigers and shit,” he told the crowd, cementing my opinion he is one of the coolest dudes ever. The song about tigers and shit was cool, but the best new song they played that day was Crying Lightening. I remember my friend Nicki and I looking at each other with sheer joy, observing the epic-ness of the moment and the brilliantness of the song, made even better by the fact we were watching it live, sandwiched in a mosh pit of other monkey lovers.
“AH-MAZING,” Nicki declared. “SO AH-MAZING,” I agreed.
Even though the album isn’t due for release until the 25th of August, it’s all over the internet for download. Ever since I got my greedy little hands on it I have not stopped listening to it. I highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment