7.8.09

Sitting on the shelf


So there is a point to becoming a fan of things on facebook after all. I got this little update from She & Him, thanks to being a facebook fan, which pointed me to this very cute video clip for their song, Why Do You Let Me Stay Here, which I love. It's got Zooey Deschanel and Joeseph Gorden-Levitt in it and was made as a little bonus for their new movie, (500) Days of Summer. It's produced by the same guy from Juno, so I'm pretty sure it will rule. The video clip definitely does - it's impeccably-styled and fun and awkward, and has inspired me to revisit She & Him again after overkilling it last year!
Why do you let me stay here was a kind of theme song in my flat for quite a while, as us three girls were all single and became obsessed with the concept of "sitting on the shelf." We talked a lot old maids, cats and such and went so far to line these russian dolls up above the fire place as a sad (actually, not that sad) reminder we were still sitting on the shelf. I can report two of the russian dolls are no longer on the shelf, mine not included.
haha. what a digression.

Here's a link to watch the video, you should.

1 comment:

  1. Ehehe I love you guys and your sitting on the shelf dolls.
    "sitting on the shelf" aint a bad thing! you are awesome independent free young ladies enjoying your youth! hehe, but you knew that already.

    x

    ReplyDelete