15.7.09

Would you read a book by this woman?


Apart from Justin Bobby, I don’t like any of the characters on The Hills. Characters probably being the wrong term given it’s a *cough* reality show. But I watch it anyway, mainly because it’s so fucking lame. Now that Lauren Conrad has left The Hills, we can all find solace in her new novel, LA Candy, which by the sounds, is essentially The Hills in book form with new names.
I love this review on nogoodforme.com so much. It’s hilarious. And just as a gushy, love-your-work aside, I also love that blog in general. One of the contributors, this “scrappy” stoner chick called Laura Jane writes the darnedest things that have me LOLing all over the place.

Here is an exert from her review of Lauren Conrad’s LA Candy:

"Lauren Conrad is not the Joseph Conrad of 2009, though L.A. Candy does use the word "frisson" twice. I wonder how she learned the word "frisson"? I guess she thesaurus.commed "thrill," or maybe Brody Jenner told her it (I don't think Brody Jenner told her it). Beyond "frisson," however, L.A. Candy is the worst-written piece of crap shit trash shit filth puke boring lame annoying garbage I've ever read in my life. On page 173, Conrad writes, "Worry marred his smooth, Asian-American face." Worry marred his smooth, Asian-American face. That sentence is so horrific, it's almost brilliant. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ASIAN-AMERICAN FACE. "

Given my appreciations of things that are so bad they’re almost good, I think I need to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment